4 Chicken breasts
Breadcrumbs (Tip - if you make too many freeze for later use)
Butter & Creme Fraiche
Garlic - to taste! (3 cloves min) Finely chopped
Lemon for garnish
- Put chicken breast in freezer bag and taking a rolling pin flatten breast to make an escalope by gently hitting it. (This is also great for removing stress!) If you are too rough you will damage the meat.
- Repeat with the 3 other breasts.
- Dip each breast in the seasoned flour, followed by the eggwash and finally the breadcrumbs. I find doing this ahead of time and leaving the breasts in the fridge helps the breadcrumbs to stick when frying so great do do before work and come home to a "ready meal".
- Melt half the butter and fry half the chopped garlic until it just starts to caramelise. Leave to infuse.
- Melt the rest of the butter and cook the chicken breasts in a hot pan until they are golden brown on both sides. Then keep warm in the oven.
- Finish the garlic sauce by adding the rest of the garlic, more butter if necessary and some creme fraiche. Don't worry if the sauce looks curdled at first - keep stirring and it will come right.
- Serve with a slice of lemon to garnish.
Little cubed fried potatoes work really well with this dish.
For variation add parsley to the breadcrumbs.