100g Granulated Sugar, plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
3 Tablespoons Butter - Melted
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
130g All Purpose Flour
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Diced Rhubarb
1 Cup of your other ingredient - for example strawberries (If you choose to use Ginger then please do increase the ratio of rhubarb to ginger!)
1. Preheat oven to 190 / 175(fan)
2. In a bowl mix the eggs and 100g sugar until light.
3. Add the melted butter, vanilla & milk.
4. Stir in the flour, baking powder & salt and mix to a smooth batter.
5.Stir in the extra fruit (strawberries in this case) and pour into 20cm cake tin that has been well oiled (I used sunflower oil)
6. Spread the diced rhubarb around on top of the batter and sprinkle the remaining sugar on top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife/skewer comes out clean.
8. Serve with ice cream, clotted cream, or pouring cream if desired.